Hi all,

I've put up a new version of SMSQmulator, even though the version numbering hasn't changed.

In this version:

BMP.OBJ works.

SQreview works but when pictures are loaded as "pic", the colours are wrong (they are ok in 64 or 16 mode).

Prowess works, but the Prowess loader doesn't.

Normally prowess uses a special loader.

I use the following procedure, knowing that all things prowess are in a directory called "dev1_prowess_", the config files are in a directory "dev1_prowess_mine", prowess itself is in a dir "dev1_prowess_pw" and proforma in a dir "prowess_pf".

If you use other dirs, adjust the program to suit

100 DEFine PROCedure p
110 :
120   REMark Set the directory all prowess things are in.
130   prowess_dir$="dev1_prowess_"
140 :
150   REMark First set environment variable
160   PRINT "Setting variable...";
170   EX prowess_dir$&"prg_setenv";"PWSDIR "&prowess_dir$
180   PAUSE 100
190   PRINT " -- done"
200 :
210   REMark start proforma and wait until it's loaded
220   PRINT "Starting Proforma...";
230   EX prowess_dir$&"pf_PROforma";prowess_dir$&"mine"
240   PAUSE 100
250   PRINT " -- done"
260 :
270   REMark start prowess and wait until it's loaded
280   PRINT "Starting Prowess...";
290   EX prowess_dir$&"pw_ProWesS";prowess_dir$&"mine"
300   PAUSE 100
310   PRINT " -- done"
320   PRINT "----- ALL DONE -----"
330 END DEFine p
340 :

With this my prowess progs, and also Linedesign work.

You can get this small boot prog into SMSQmulator with the JVASGET command, which gets things from the systems clipboard into the SCRAP things (see the manual).

The fact that the prowess loader program doesn't work seems to indicate an error in the emulation core itself somewhere.

As this loader program seems to be a C program, finding the error will not be trivial. Since I can load Prowess "my" way, this is not so high on the list of priorities right now...

Wolfgang