Am 10.10.2013 um 00:37 schrieb Marcel Kilgus:

> Norman Dunbar wrote:

> The TK2 manual says "If the parameters of EX start with '#channel TO',
> then the corresponding SuperBASIC channel will be closed (if it was
> already open) and a new channel opened as a pipe to the first
> program."
>
>>> Morale of the story: I should have looked at the documentation first
>>> ;-)
>> Well, at least I had! ;-)
>
> Not this time ;)

Marcel, Norman,

I looked at both (the manual and the code), could see the mention of 'close' in
the manual, but not in the code. The original channel is not "really" closed -
It's channel ID in the SuperBASIC channel table is simply overwritten.

The TK2 Manual makes also interesting reading regarding the "Special Jobs"
paragraph that have a second $4afb in their header that is actually used to
flag to the OS that this job got its own command line parsing routine that will
be called within a SuperBASIC context - That is, you can apparently use Basic
variables in command lines.

Tobias