On 10 Oct 2013, at 07:08, Tobias Fröschle wrote:

> Am 10.10.2013 um 00:37 schrieb Marcel Kilgus:
>
>> Norman Dunbar wrote:
>
>> The TK2 manual says "If the parameters of EX start with '#channel TO',
>> then the corresponding SuperBASIC channel will be closed (if it was
>> already open) and a new channel opened as a pipe to the first
>> program."

>>> Well, at least I had! ;-)
>>
>> Not this time ;)
>

> Marcel, Norman,
>
> I looked at both (the manual and the code), could see the mention of 'close'
> in the manual, but not in the code. The original channel is not "really"
> closed - It's channel ID in the SuperBASIC channel table is simply
> overwritten.
>
> The TK2 Manual makes also interesting reading regarding the "Special Jobs"
> paragraph that have a second $4afb in their header that is actually used to
> flag to the OS that this job got its own command line parsing routine that
> will be called within a SuperBASIC context - That is, you can apparently use
> Basic variables in command lines.
>
> Tobias

The assembler routine, ending with RTS, following the second $4AFB is obeyed
before the program is started. An example of that is in the source code for
SMSQ/E in the file extras_exe_source_cct_asm.

If you start such a program with ET instead of EX, the special routine will be
obeyed straight away.

George