On 04/09/2014 21:49, Derek Stewart wrote:
Hi Geoff,

I have got no problems with the menu, except I do not like whiskey these days...

I was looking at the proposed activities, do you have a programme of events yet?

Will I be able to update/buy software of hardware.

Regards,

Derek

Thanks for the email, but tut, tut. Whiskey is Irish, but whisky Scottish. John is going to ask if there will be a drinks list available and also if we need to give/get advice about the various types of whisky.

As far as the program is concerned I am now at the stage when I am twisting a few arms. What I am suggesting to people is that we keep the presentations relatively short in the hope that we can then have a good discussion with lots of ideas flying around.

I still intend to stick to the three main themes of hardware. software and (electronic) communications. Another thing I would like to do is profile some of the classical software that has been preserved or re-released. I would be interested in hearing from a gamer who would like to demonstrate either in a formal presentation or informally at a table.

I have already opened a Skype account for the workshop, although I still have to do final tests that my laptop can cope. As I am new to Skype I may need someone to sit beside me and hold my hand (metaphorically, of course). I hope to have at least one presentation via Skype.

There will be no traders present at the event, although, of course, the German hardware developers will be there,

Best wishes,

Geoff