On Feb 7, 12:09am, P Witte wrote:
> The problem with upgrading computers is disposing of the old ones humanely
> (ie, with the least possible trouble to oneself ;). They do tend to take up
> a lot of space, and operating with more than a couple of keyboards, half a
> dozen rodents, and assorted monitors (not to forget that gonad-sizzling
> tangle under the desk!) is eminently impractical. Still, we are
> left with the good old bridging strategy of Demote and Postpone, ie
> decommission a perfectly good specimen to an uncertain future and install
> a flashy new pretender in its place! You dont dispose of computers because
> they dont work, but because they go out of fashion!
>-- End of excerpt from P Witte

I'm glad to say that I still have my old GoldCard JSU QL still step next to my
Q40 (bought an 8ft long desktop to hold 3 computers and 1 printer).  When
testing new software I find using the old QL still usefull.  I'll be hurting if
I ever get an Intel-based Linux box.  I guess I could always demote the PC to
the kids and teach my wife to do web stuff on the Linux box (and get
StarOffice, etc.).

Tim Swenson