>Next, Screen Snatcher has been updated to save the correct size of a
full
>screen. It does this by working out the number of bytes per screen
line and
>the number of lines in the full screen depth, then it saves
(line_width *
>screen_depth) bytes to file.

Remember that Aurora screens are different - the bytes per line
increment may not be the same as the number of bytes used to store one
line of pixels in mode 4. In some modes you may find that the line
increment is equal to the number of bytes required for the widest
possible screen (1024 pixels?), but only enough of those bytes
actually used as correspond to visible pixels. E.g. display organised
for 1024 pixels per line (256 bytes?), but only 160 bytes used for the
640 pixels.

>Further updates planned are :
>
>option to save in raw mode or _pic mode

Yes please! I'd like to be able to save in both formats.

>option to save an area rather than the entire screen (in raw or _pic
mode)

Would be nice if possible, not essential AFAIC

>Known foibles :
>
>When EX'd, the main screen appears AND a phantom black screen channel
>appears behind it - who knows what this is all about then ?

Had this happen with Eaysptr menus. Don't know how to get rid of it
though.

>When Activated (ie told to vanish from the screen and watch the
keyboard
>queue) it stays on screen !  In the old version, which runs find on
QPC2v2,
>it does vanish. The new version remains persistant - and I never
changed
>anything in that bit of the code ! All it is is a single line -
MCLEAR #3 -
>what's going on ? This happens in High Colour or QL colour mode.

Outline being saved perhaps (try setting the window to 2x1 pixels to
see)

>If you fancy being a guinea pig, give me a shout and I shall send you
a zip
>file (QL Style) with the OBJ and source files for your amusement. I
have
>tested on QPC2v2 in QL and High Colour mode at 800 by 600
resolution -
>nothing else so if you have another system I would be pleased to know
if it
>works ok for you (subject to the above foibles - which I intend to
fix !)

I could test it on Aurora, up to 1024x512, my monitor can't handle
Aurora 1024x768 or 1024x576.

--
Dilwyn Jones
[EMAIL PROTECTED]