On Samedi 12 Mai 2001 22:55, Peter Graf wrote:

> Thierry wrote:
>
>.../...
>
> >I can confirm this as I just acquired a Q60 from Peter and mounted it
> >into an ATX case: no problem at all, no drilling, no fiddling, EASY!
>
> It is easy, but for a Q40 (or Q60 ;-)) an ATX case really is a waste of
> space, unless you use a Micro ATX case. (Those are expensive.)

Of course ther is plenty of space in it...

The case I got is a "medium tower" one but it can be used horizontally
(the 5"1/4 bay may be rotated by 90°): this is what I did...

I now have on my main desktop three computers: QLCF BBS (a medium tower
with SGC+AURORA+SH+QUBIDE+ROMDISQ+MODEM) on the left, the Q60 in its case
with a 17" monitor on top of it in front of my seat, and my main PC
(medium tower too) on the right. On my secondary desktop, still sits
the Thor XVI, a black box QL and a secondary PC (mini tower)...

> >> AT cases are still available and usually cheaper and smaller than ATX
> >> cases, so I don't see much reason for using ATX cases for the Q40.
> >
> >Well, not in France I'm afraid: it's difficult like HELL to get an
> >AT case (you may still find some in Paris, but very few models are
> >available) !
>
> Have you looked for mailorder suppliers? Here in Germany I know several who
> sell AT cases.

I was to much in a hurry to get my Q60 cased for waiting after a mail order
delivery. Besides, I like to see first what I buy...

On Dimanche 13 Mai 2001 01:07, Tony Firshman wrote:

> >Have you looked for mailorder suppliers? Here in Germany I know several
> > who sell AT cases.
>
> CPC in the UK still do.
> I bought one recently for about £20.
> They are mail order, but too expensive to France I guess.
>
> I could bring to the Paris show on October 13th, but that is far too
> long in the future I am sure...

Thanks, but the case I got is just fine... Moreover in October, I will
not be in Paris but in Indian Ocean !

QDOS/SMS forever !

Thierry.