At 04:52 μμ 26/6/2001 +0200, you wrote:
>Richard wrote:
>
> >there is no need to add the bloat of ISO9660 just to read a single QXL.WIN
> >Putting the QXL.WIN image directly on the CD is much cleaner and files
> >inside are still trivially accessible using qxltool on any reasonable OS.
> >
> >Time to set out own standards :)
>
>Seconded :-)
>
>A raw SMSQ filesystem on CD covers most of our needs except direct
>interchange with other OS. Since free tools to create & burn QXL.WIN images
>on other OS's are available, this is not a big issue nowadays.
>
>The only thing we lack would be a QDOS/SMSQ program to write a QXL.WIN
>image onto CDR.
>
>For the Q40/Q60 this could be solved by preparing a special Linux ramdisk
>with only the tools needed for file transfer/CD-writing and a script to
>simplify things. This package could be used by a SMSQ/E user even without
>installing or even knowing Linux... only the overhead to boot the Linux
>kernel.
>
>Peter

Ditto. I suppose this also means that Qx0 Linux doesn't clean up the ram
(kind of a warm restart) when booting up? How would the RAM disk protection
occur while going from SMS to Linux? And would that work in QDOS Classic?
And finally.... we're talking about a HUGE ramdisk here if we are to hold
all the files to be recorded... UNLESS (and I repeat the question) SMSQ
partitions are fully accessible from Qx0 Linux.... (I dunno since I still
don't have a Q40/60)

Phoebus