IAn Interesting discussion this and some very good points raised by all.
I see, as usual that Thierry has his finger firmly on the pulse here and
is way ahead of most of us. When we discussed CD drivers at Eindhoven
last weekend we were suggesting that it be ported to the Qubide and that
a new Qubide ROM would be commissioned ( Phil is making the sources
available soon I gather). I had no idea that it might be a problem with
the rate though. My suggestion of being able to at least read a QXL.WIN
file was based on that being in the root directory and on the complaints
over the years from QXL / QPC users that they can backup their files to
CDs or ZIP drives but then not read them on the Aurora etc.

--

Roy Wood
Q Branch