> >I take it from recent posts that W98 is not the ideal platform
> >for QPC2 and SMSQ/E? Or anything else it seems, by my
> >experience lately.
> >
> >Dennis
> >N9VRB
> >ICQ# 801900
>
> Not necessarily. I still use WIndows 95 because my PC is quite
old and
> I suspect anything more recent would cripple it.

I use W98 yet because anything more recent will cripple my
pocketbook.

> Failing that, wait for the Q60 to go into production with D&D
> Systems and you'll get the best SMSQE system there currently
is.

After the lockups, "blue screen of death" and so forth of the
past month,
I was sorely tempted. There are Q60's available now but the
pricing is not
firm due to the euro faze. D&D expects a week will settle it
down. No
firm price now.

--------------
> Any Windows version is in IMHO only an ideal platform for the
next
> version of Windows, however as I tired of lining big Bill's
pockets I've
> stuck at W98.

> all the best - Bill

Amen.