In article <003c01c195d2$a700c1c0$86065cc3@default>, Dilwyn Jones
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes

>>I take it from recent posts that W98 is not the ideal platform
>>for QPC2 and SMSQ/E? Or anything else it seems, by my
>>experience lately.

< clip >

>Basically, if a version of Windows works well and is stable on your
>PC, QPC2 will almost certainly work well on that system. It is
>designed to run on anything from Win95 onwards, and I have happy
>experience of running it on Win95 and Win NT4 where I used to work. As
>I've found to my cost, blaming problems on Windows or QPC2 is all too
>easy, there are so many variables in modern hardware and software that
>often no one thing is at fault but a combination of factors as with my
>recent problems with the Stlus 800 printer from QPC2 (now
>resolved...I'm happily printing from both OSes again). Don't be afraid
>of QPC2 on a Win 98 system, just be afraid of Windows in general !

All emulators are using the 'host' as the carrier for the emulated
system.  The discussion on this list does show that stabilty and
performance is high for most people using them.  Hopefully the sharing
of ideas teases out any remaining difficulties.

At present Windows is the most popular system running on home and
business computers ... so it has to be worked with as it is.

Imagine if Sinclair had been successful since the late 1980's, and QDOS
was the dominant OS ... then people may have written Windows emulators
to run on 'QDOS2000' :-)

--
Malcolm Cadman