> From: "Wolfgang Lenerz" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> Date: Mon 14/Jan/2002 16:16 GMT
> To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> Subject: Re: Re: [ql-users] Compact Flash Adapters.
>
> On 13 Jan 2002, at 20:50, Dave Walker wrote:
>

> > As far as I know none of those could take the adapter and be able to access it
>directly from within the QL side of the system?
> I would have thought that it would work under QPC if windows can see it as a
> normal drive, thanks to the WONDERFUL DOS device!

Wolfgang,

The issue I was refering to is not whether it would work at all - but whether I could
upgrade DiscOVER to handle it.   To do so one needs Direct Sector Access - ideally to
the whole drive including the partition table, although if one could even get raw
wsector access to every sector within a particular DOS partition this would probably
be enough.  As far as I know this is not supported by
any version of QPC - only access to the "QXL.WIN" type of file within a DOS media.
The "DOS2 device in QPC2 gives one access at the file level (which I use a lot) and
not the raw sector level - or if so I have missed how one gets it!

Dave

Never pay another Internet phone bill!
Freeserve AnyTime, for all the Internet access you want, day and night, only £12.99
per month.
Sign-up at http://www.freeserve.com/time/anytime