At 07:04 μμ 17/1/2002 +0100, you wrote:

>Phoebus R. Dokos wrote:
> > I've seen similar problems when QPC has previously crashed. Does that with
> > bad programs (mine ;-) and if you switch back and forth and leave it idle
> > for more than 10 mins.... (Either crashes in that case or refuses to print
> > spaces, accept ANY kind of command... ie QPC_EXIT returns error, so is
> > Reset, Print, Open etc...)
>
>You're saying this as it was normal. But no, it is NOT. You said
>you're still using a beta version (for whatever reason). Beta versions
>are not finished, that's why they're called beta. I've invested and I
>am still investing quite a lot of time and effort in order to produce
>a product that can survive more than 10 minutes without crashing. It
>might even survive switching back and forth!
>So if you have such problems, tell ME. But please use a final version
>first.

No that happens with EVERY version... I actually thought I had told you...
Well it's not actually a big deal once you get used to it :-) I just don't
switch around anymore .... It's pointless because (at least with the Win2K
I run now) the overall system (Win2K I mean) performance degrades so much
(especially with the amount of memory I allocate for QPC) that it's just
not useable... The only reason I switch is to delete some PFB/PFF files
from my DOS1_ (The C:] which I use as a scratch disk for ProWesS font test
purposes)

>Marcel, not really amused.

Oh don't get upset Marcel, It might just be my machine :-) It really works
fine but again remember. I have 1 - 1 Gbyte QXL WIN files and 5 700 Meg
ones, I use (now that I have back 2.03 on) 128 Megs (of course you are
right it doesn't allow you more than that) and I run Win2K Advanced
Server... so I don' t really think that poor QPC is really to blame...
(although it did hang with Windows ME too (but with the same configurations
- Same QXL Wins, Same memory, Same Machine))
Also my PC is extremely loaded... I don't even have HALF an IRQ free (some
of them are even shared between 3 devices)