On Wed, Feb 06, 2002 at 09:14:38AM -0000, Norman Dunbar wrote:
> Please don flame proof clothing before reading this !!
>
> <BEGIN RANT MODE>
> Bye bye then Peter.
>
> I think your attitude sucks (to be quite brutally honest) but you have made
> your choice to go, then so be it.
>
> I think your hardware posts are pretty tedious -

but they are on-topic. There are at least 5000 newgroups and maybe same
amount of mailinglists which deal MS and its virii and whatever else
you may find interesting. There is just this one ql-users mailing
list.

> I for one am glad to see discussions on virusses - especially if it means
> that other people on this list using inferior hardware (ie PCs) can avoid
> sending them to me, and the rest of us - the majority I suspect - who access
> this list from a PC. The PC is a fact of life and no matter how much we like
> the QL, it is not, and never has been, mainstream - much as I would like to
> have seen it. It was ahead of its time, and shafted too.

A short mention of a new virus would be ok, but that was definitely too
much and it keeps comming again and again. Give up, despite all warnings
about new virii the situation will not get better and you can not do
anything to salvage the poor MS Outlook abducted users. It is their
choice to use this program so I am sure they can deal with it.

Bye
Richard