----- Original Message -----
From: Wolfgang Lenerz <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: RE: [ql-users] PCL3 printers

> On 14 Mar 2002, at 3:19, Nicholls, Bruce wrote:
>
> > Geoff
> >
> > The ML 4500 is a software only printer and doesn't have the hardware
PCL3
> > emulation unlike the ML 4600 which works with QPC & Linux as it has the
> > hardware emulation. I can recommend the ML-4600 as I use it everyday.
> >
> Oh, one of these GDI things, then?
>
> No luck, Geoff!

Indeed a disappointment, but nice to have some certainty over the situation.
I'll just have to wait patiently for the changes to QPC. Looking positively,
this topic has shown that we can look wider than Epson for solutions to QL
printing problems. It would be helpful if people who are sucessfully using
PCL6 printers publish the make and type on this group and in Quanta and
QL-Today. This sometimes happens with Epson compatibles.

I don't know what the price of the ML4600 is, but there have been some good
Samsung laser printer bargains in the UK recently and I can also say I am
well satisfied with the ML-4500. It might be useful if we could find out
which Samsungs are QL compatible and which not.

Geoff Wicks