>PCL5 printers understand and can use PCL3. PCL3 is an exact subset of
>PCL5.
>
>HTH
>
>Dave

Does anyone know where I can download a listing of PCL3 or 5 commands
for programming purposes? Bruce Nicholls sent me some Epson ESC-P2
description files (think they were pdf files which I put on one of my
CDs) and I've been looking for something similar for PCL. At one time
I had a number for a HP Faxback service for these documents, but I no
longer have a fax machine and haven't been able to get fax working on
my computer (as usual).

Having these files to hand and perhaps put on a CD or website would be
very useful for QL programmers. I know that Christopher Cave for
example was looking for such programming info for Deskjets at Hove
this weekend (haven't forgotten you Chris, just notbeen able to find
the files I mentioned yet).
--
Dilwyn Jones
[EMAIL PROTECTED]