At 05:37 μμ 5/3/2002, you wrote:

>PCL5 printers understand and can use PCL3. PCL3 is an exact subset of
>PCL5.
>
>HTH
>
>Dave

True! I remember when I wrote the driver for our TLG-Enabled Ancient Greek
word processor back in the day, I wrote it for PCL3 so it could be used in
both Deskjets and LaserJets (Deskjets at the time had only PCL 3). It
worked good too... There are some differences (very minor) in how the PCL
interpreter will understand colour (it has to be rejected or converted to
Greyscale when printing on a Laser but this is usual on PCL compatible
printers not HP ones)

Phoebus