>This makes good sense and is a resonable plan for the future.
>The only problem with the conversion to C is that it may not
>fit into an old machine.

Sure.  I envisaged that any project in C would be only as a way forward for the higher
spec. machines, existing and under development.  The current SMSQ/E would need to be
maintained for as long as necessary to support the older hardware and to allow old
apps to still be run.  A requirement of any newer OS versions would be to support the
same filesystems, offer the same user interfaces, same system calls [where applicable]
and run SBASIC programs unmodified, but beneath the skin would be totally different
beasts.  The actual mechanism for passing parameters to system calls would obviously
vary for different platforms as they are 68k register based at present but the C
libraries would take care of that.

BTW I tried to look at the documentation on the SMSQ/E source CD. A few of them are
Word 6.0 which I could open in Wordpad, but most are Word 2.0 which I could not.  I
will have to bring the CD to work next week to read them, that is if Word 97 or 2000
can open them.

Ian.

related financial instruments.