Norman,

I used StarOffice 5.x (x = 1 or 2 I can't remember) for a while on Linux. It was very
stable but the email was difficult to get working.  I just couldn't understand their
concept - I don't know what the designer was smoking at the time - but IIRC it wasn't
a case of click the Inbox icon and start reading your messages.  I just continued
using Netscape Messenger for email.

Anyway I installed the version for Win98 and it was very unstable, crashed all the
time.

I got StarOffice by downloading it at work (previous firm) and getting someone to put
it on a CD.
Not so easy to do at this place - I'd probably have to prepare a business
justification and get it signed off in triplicate ;)

I did have a look at the Open Office website a while ago; I'll have to revisit it. No
chance of a version for Q40 Linux I suppose??  :o)

Ian.

related financial instruments.