On Mon, 28 Oct 2002 23:20:14 -0000 "Stephen Meech"
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

< snip >

> It's a pity the author didn't continue development.  It's been a
> while now so
> he's almost certainly lost interest.

During the course of QLAY's development, and subsequently, I had been
under the impression that the author was working on QLAY as a partial
requirement for a degree program [i.e., his sole motivation] ... and, he
graduated before write the "last" bits of code.

Consequently, Jan Venema has provided the source code so that someone
else could "finish" the program -- essentially, FLP & SERial support.

I could be incorrect in my assumption as to Venema's motivation for
writing QLAY.

Al