> >BTW Tony, loved the plumbing at Bill's house ;-) Mighty nifty as my
> >wife says :-)
> For those who don't know, this was a gravity fed spring water system
> that Bill and I installed 18 months ago.
> He gets fresh cold spring water from a tap in his kitchen!
> Most of you will know Bill lives in a Vermont forest in a house he built
> himself, and lives off wind and solar power (mainly).

Yes, Tony did a fine job and water system is still running after 1 1/2 years.
The well does get too low sometimes for gravity in the Aug to Oct months but it
has just started up again for the winter. We are in the New Hampshire hills
though and not the Vermont hills which are 5 miles away across the Connecticut
River.

We just had the fall QL meeting at our house and we had Phoebus and his lovely
wife as guests for a couple of days. We are still enjoying the Moussaka that
Phoebus made. He is a Greek of many talents. The weather included a bit of snow
but no wind to show off the new Bergey XL1 wind machine.

To keep on topic we had a Q40 set up along with all flavors of emulators for
demonstrations and started planning for the 2003 US show. Al Boehm will be
contacting people and trying to set a date for that. The 2 likely times were
either in the Spring in Florida or in August in Pennsylvania near where Pheobus
lives. If anyone on this list might come and has an opinion about the date and
place please let me know. Pheobus was busy with his camera so I am sure more
will appear about the weekend gathering.

-- Bill