P Witte wrote:
> Wlenerz had just told me that there were only *two* confirmed SMSQ/E
> "developers" (modestly forgetting himself), namely you and (wait for it) -
> me! (And I signed up mainly to help with the coffies and put the jelly beans
> on the pizzas ;)

Then I'll have one pepperoni pizza please :-)

Frankly, that's what I had expected. Perhaps one or two more. Of
course, if we had "released SMSQ/E into freedom" instead of into the
licence as it is, there would now be zillions of developers around and
Wolfgang would have to register them 24 hours per day. NOT!

> Of course there are other activities than kernel hacking that go
> towards making the QL a better system and help to keep it up to
> date, but I do get worried when people on this list talk about
> improving Qlay and Qlem and this and that when theres so much to be
> done and so few to do it.

I've been ignoring the "please somebody develop YAE (yet another
emulator) further because it's a free one" as I think nobody capable
of this would spent one minute thinking about it (if it isn't already
their own emulator, that is). If anybody wants a good old QL, take
QemuLator. For the more advanced needs take QPC. Both are commercial
for a reason, because it costs time and money to develop software like
that. Yes, QPC is not the cheapest software on earth, I know that. On
the other hand QPC is now in its ~9th year of development! I couldn't
really devote that much time (we're talking thousands of hours here)
without getting anything in return. At this point I want to say a big
"thank you" to all of my customers out there. Without you buying QPC I
certainly wouldn't now spent time on improving SMSQ/E for all
platforms or e.g. working on small fixes in QPAC2 which I did just
yesterday.
So you see, by buying QPC you not only support QPC but my whole QL
related development work in general. Thanks again to everybody who
contributed financially and morally support. And for being the nice
guys that make up that certain charm the QL scene has and certainly
distinguishes it from most other scenes :-)

> Currently were working on upgrading all the SBasic keywords in
> SMSQ/E v 3.01, eg:
>     100    DEFine PROCedure Test(text$)
>     110    IF text$ = "": PER_SAYS_GOTO 200
>     120    WL_IS_THE_GREATEST_PRINT text$
>     130    MARCEL_REWROTE_THIS_BEEP 2, 2
>     140   ....

Yes, that's true. And there's more evil to come. Muahahahaha. >:->

Marcel

  • ... Stephen Meech
    • ... Φοίβος Ρ. Ντόκος
      • ... Stephen Meech