On  Tue, 5 Nov 2002 at 08:46:11, Phoebus Dokos wrote:
(ref: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>)

>Wolfgang,
>I was under the impression that Peter had acquired (ie paid) the rights
>to resell/modify SMSQ/E... Since D&D systems act as his agents under
>British (and American) Common law (which not only gives them liability
>but also benefits), they are entitled to distribute SMSQ/E legally.
>They do not have the right to sell if for any other system but only for
>the Qx0 of course. All this of course is true provided that Peter DOES
>carry the right to modify/resell/develop SMSQ/E (which I believe is
>true).
>Even it isn't so, I do not believe that D&D would want to "hijack" the
>software only that there's an honest misunderstanding somewhere....
>
>I hope :-)
Woldgang will have to reply to this.   I am pretty sure that, although
Peter offered, no money changed hands.

>(And not taking sides.... In any case I am ABSOLUTELY certain that I am
>not violating ANY law as my Q40 is a used one bought originally from Q-
>Branch... :-)
Those were sold prior to the license, and TT was paid royalties via JMS
- you are OK (8-)#

It is a great pity that Wolfgang felt he had to make this public.
I saw what was going on in private, and believe me, we all tried very
hard to get a sensible dialogue going.
 I hope we still can.
--
         QBBS (QL fido BBS 2:252/67) +44(0)1442-828255
     tony@<surname>.demon.co.uk  http://www.firshman.co.uk
       Voice: +44(0)1442-828254   Fax: +44(0)1442-828255
  • ... Roy Wood
  • ... paul holmgren
  • ... Dilwyn Jones
  • ... ql-users