Hi,

maybe I can add a bit of clarification here.

Most of you know that, before Wolfgang became registrar, all
SMSQ/E related royalties and licenses matters went through me
to Tony. That was the fact for ALL SMSQ/E royalties, including
the Q40/Q60.

> > > The Grafs may have lawfully purchased the right to
> > > sell many copies of SMSQ/E, or may operate under a separate license or
> > > agreement not relevant to the public SMSQ/E source license.
> > MAY ?
> > Do they?

There is no secret about the SMSQ/E royalty for the Q40/Q60.
The agreement with Tony was, that Peter paid a fixed amount of
money to get Tony started (including a personal license for Peter,
if I remember correctly ... it's so long ago now) and every additional
licesens which was sold by Peter or QBranch had to be purchased
through me.

Qbranch bought individual licenses directly from me.
Peter bought individual licenses directly from me.
D&D never purchased a license from me.
The last license purchase by Peter was early February 2002.
Then the whole discussion started.
After that, neither Peter nor D&D have ordered or paid any license to me.

There was no "gap" - as long as Wolfgang's license was not settled
the route to purchase SMSQ/E licenses would have been through me.
To make sure that there is nothing I am not aware of, I called Tony a
moment ago and asked him - he confirmed that THERE IS NO
SPECIAL AGREEMENT BETWEEN HIM AND ANYBODY
ELSE AND NO LICENSE MONEY HAS BEEN PAID TO HIM
(apart from me and Wolfgang).

Jochen

  • ... wlenerz
  • ... Tony Firshman