On Thu, 7 Nov 2002, dndsystems1 wrote:

> You cannot be serious, man. We have a contracted agreement with Quanta
> to supply complete working motherboards as a minimum and that includes
> some kind of O/S, as we have stuck rigidly to the contract conditions
> the answer is er... no! Quanta have in effect granted us overdraft
> facilities so we never go into the red at D&D and can afford to invest
> in massive hardware projects like er... oh yes, the Q60. If your CPU
> is any good? you might be able to sell it to Peter Graf who could
> supply it to us and we could sell it to you :-)

Hehehe :o)

Sounds kinda contorted. Does this mean you're not allowed to sell spares?
If someone's Q60 breaks and it's outside the warranty period, do they have
to buy a whole new Q60?

> I have lost a complete evenings work messing about with is silly email
> stuff instead of working.

I know how it goes. I have lost about 2 hours of ARM/E development time in
the process of spitting fire at the unpolitik of it all!

Dave