> While I've done a lot of work on look-and-feel stuff for Qeymail,
there
> are some behind the scenes things I'm not too sure about. Where
three or
> four strategies exist to solve a problem, different solutions will
benefit
> different types of user, and I want to create the best experience
for the
> largest number of people possible.
>
> The main area is the actual storage method for emails. Would people
prefer
> a single file holding all emails, individual files for each email,
which
> would be indexed on startup, or individual files plus a maintained
>
> Each has plusses and minuses. Discuss.
No real strong views either way, both have their merits.

> Second, multiple mail boxes. Is the ability to send/receive from
multiple
> mailboxes useful or not? What about "profiles" where one profile is
> accessed at a time, or is the ability to access multiple mailboxes
> simultaneously 'very important' to you?
>
> Finally, how important would it be to use a pointer environment, or
would
> you be happy to use industry standard CTRL-key combinations?
>
> Thanks in advance,
>
> Dave
With two pointer driven 'desktop' programs (one QDT for GD2/SMSQE
systems the other Launchpad for more basic QDOS and SMSQE systems) and
a fair bit of interest shown in those too (well, in mine anyway, won't
speak for Jim Hunkins as he presumably gets private mail about his
system like I do mine), I'd suggest going for pointer environment if
feasible.

Is Qeymail based on soql or have you got your own web access routines?

--
Dilwyn Jones