Tarquin Mills wrote:
>   ACCUS (the East Anglian QL user group), proposes to hold a QL
Workshop
> in Norwich early in 2004. On several occasions traders have
expressed
> support, thank you. I am however worried that not enough people will
turn
> up. One option newly opened up would be to bid for the Quanta AGM,
but
> this is risky as we do not have any experience. Also I am guessing
that
> the AGM alternates north and south, with 2004 as a northern year.
>   Another question is would QL mind if the show was opened up to
other
> non-Wintel platforms? This will probably be limited the first time.
Does
> anybody want to give a talk, no matter how few we get? When exactly
do
> people want it held? Hopefully if this show is successful it can be
> repeated. All thoughts welcomed.
Norwich is quite far east, further even than Thetford where Quanta
workshops used to be organised, and some of the Thetford ones weren't
too well attended. That said, it would be nice to see events held at
somewhere other than the usual venues.

I'm not too keen on opening it up to other computers, I'm a member of
Quanta because of the QL or QDOS or SMSQE after all. That said, there
may be the possibility of opening it up to other 'retro' groups (as
apposed to say Apple Macs) who may have a partial interest in the QL
rather than just 'non-wintel' as you suggested. Let's have a
discussion - it doesn't strike me as being an attractive proposition
at first, at least, but I'm happy to discuss and listen to opinion!

As we are sort of 20 years into the QL's life, it might be possible to
plan a special event around this, unless of course it's already in
hand for the AGM or USA show!

--
Dilwyn Jones