On  Sat, 2 Aug 2003 at 20:11:40, Tarquin Mills wrote:
(ref: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>)

>Hi
>  Am doing several secret projects for the QL, one was writing a Webcam
>driver. So there I am mottled black Q60 with webcam plugged in. Printed
>copy of a manual on how to develop non-wintel webcam drivers for my
>webcam's chipset, lying open on the desk. So I enter an SBASIC program
>to read the webcam version numbers from the cam. To find that SMSQ/E can
>only transmit from the par device. Where do I go from here?
All parallel printer interfaces for the QL are output only I am afraid,
as far as I recall.

Looking at the superQboard  circuit diagram, that was output only.
Certainly the Medic is.

The only others I think are the serial port versions, which certainly
are output only.

Sturat did think of input on SGC (8-(#
--
         QBBS (QL fido BBS 2:252/67) +44(0)1442-828255
     tony@<surname>.co.uk  http://www.firshman.co.uk