Roy wood writes:

> Sorry to continue an OT discussion here but you are wrong. You can go to
> the Microsoft site and download the SP4. The pack you need to download
> is the one for network users. This is because people with multiple
> machine do not want to connect them individually to do the updates.

You are exactly right. Another reason I like to have the whole thing on a CD
is that I regularly have to re-install Windoze from scratch to keep it
ticking over nicely. This is a pain, but well worth it. Qdos/Smsq never
needs to be "installed", thats one of the beauties of that system.

BTW Has anyone tried HyperOs? Theyve run a 16 page ad in Computer Shopper
every month for the past 6(?) months.

I ask for two reasons, one is that it appears to promise that I wont have to
keep doing these re-installations as you can simply clone a pristine
installation, use it until it screws itself silly in the normal Windoze
fashion, and then just clone a new, pristine one in a couple of seconds.

The other reason is that the ad campaign reminds me suspiciously of ol'
Freddy Vaccha's approach to advertising. Does anyone know whether he has a
hand in it? Its either Freddy or a very close relative. Id be prepared to
bet a penny on it!

Per