On  Tue, 2 Sep 2003 at 11:58:16,
=?iso-8859-7?B?IlBob2VidXMgUi4gRG9rb3MgKNbv3+Lv8iDRLiDN9Pzq7/IpIg==?=
wrote:
(ref: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>)

>Actually no better than being there often... I'd rather be in Athens,
>Greece
Is there another Athens then? - I guess USA has dozens.
>right now than in humid Indiana, PA :-D
.. for me, I would rather be at home drinking coffee that in the noisy
cold server room in London's docklands (8-)#

>> I would add Robin Barker and Ron Dunnet to that.
>> I suppose (very reluctantly) Falkenburg.  I won't tell you my stories
>> about his keyboard interface publicly.
>>

>Yes but Robin Barker and Ron Dunnet do not trade anymore (or do they?)
... not does Sturat.
>As for Falkenburg I have never seen on of his products although heard
>some horror stories about them ;-) Nonetheless from what I remember
>despite the problems he carried a significant weight of QL hardware
>development.
He did - but he did not spend enough money on pcbs or manufacture.

><Snip re gene therapy-or-other-appearance-altering-procedures>
>
>> Indeed (8-)#
>
>So what's the scoop on that?
We are both losing our hair and getting a middle-aged spread.

><snip re endurance>
>
>> Then there must have been iron spikes in my trousers.
>> It is Stuart who is the fit one. I must confess on one very steep hill,
>> I borrowed Stuart's bike with gearing that can go up vertical surfaces.
>> He took my bike and both rucksacks!
>
>Hmm well word on the "street" is that you can carry your cycling weight
>more than adequately :-D
.. not up some Irish hills, and I am getting on for 10 years older than
Stuart.

><snip re DIN-64 connectors' tolerance to heating>
>
>>> I will be noting all this for reference of course. Indeed I have picked
>>> up more info regarding soldering/desoldering and rework from this list,
>>> you and Zeljko than anybody else. You and Nasta are the reason that my
>>> Aurora has now proper IDC connectors everywhere
>
>> Arghh yes.  What a stupid decision it was not to put them on.
>
>Probably cost although I don't see why. Nasta has always complained
>about this. Properly keyed connectors can save you a lot of trouble
>(not to mention that they look neat ;-)
No - see later.

>> I went to enormous troubles to get the proper sockets made - had to have
>> them specially made for me, only to find no Aurora's (bar yours) have
>> the proper sockets.  I asked Ron how much he paid for his DIL plugs, and
>> then found the 'proper' ones cheaper!
>
>My point exactly... Proper ones if bought in sufficient quantities are
>a lot cheaper. I have also found "slip on" shrouds for the semi-IDC
>used on the aurora that can add the flair ;-)

>>> (plus extra power pins). My desoldering pump although powerful is
>>> really for the dogs and without proper info I would have never been
>>> able to pull it off ;-)
>> Pull what off the dogs?
>>

>Haha pull-it-off as in managing to properly desolder-solder the DIN 64
>connectors (Too impatient to wait for new ones although I probably
>should... they are only a dollar or so a piece (per piece)
I know, I know - it was only a joke (feeble I know)
I pick this up off Roy.
I am sure you have been on the receiving end of Roy's word play.
--
         QBBS (QL fido BBS 2:252/67) +44(0)1442-828255
     tony@<surname>.co.uk  http://www.firshman.co.uk
       Voice: +44(0)1442-828254   Fax: +44(0)1442-828255
            • ... Tony Firshman
              • ... Phil Kett
              • ... Tony Firshman
    • ... Roy wood