> Dilwyn Jones wrote:
[snip]
> Anyone know of a subscription-free ISP using a local rate UK dialup I
> can just sign up to from my computer then just simply set up the other
> PC to connect to. Someone (Tarquin?) did offer me such details some
> time ago but I seem to have lost them.
Sorry to be late in replying (just ordered a foldover for my MinisQ60), the
ISP is called Sonow sign up online at http://signup.sonow4u.co.uk .My
mother has been using them for years and never had a single SPAM.

Telephone number = 0845 6652218
DNS servers = 212.85.249.130 & 212.1.130.32 but use ORSC instead (see below)
SMTP mail server = mail.sonow4u.co.uk
POP3 mail server = mail.sonow.com

Could Jonathan Dent TCP/IP stack's DNS Resolver be configured to point at
the Open Root Server Confederation DNS servers rather than the ICANN legacy
servers. This would mean instead of seeing just the usual names you could
see other TLDs (Top Level Domains) like http://www.bbc.news .Would people
be interested in a free .ql domain or would they prefer ql.sinclair.
For more info see http://www.open-rsc.org , http://www.youcann.org or
my site running on this computer at
http://speccyverse.homedns.org/bt/orsc.htm .I hope to be able to get an
ARM Linux box to run a DNS server for this and other domains and point to
all alternative international generic TLDs.

Another free ISP I have used is BT, I can give the details if you want.
I use NTL broadband at the moment and try to use their NTLWorlds servers
mail,news,DNS,web as little as possible because they are unreliable. I use
Sonow for backup and web hosting, which has unlimited file space within
reason.
--
                        Tarquin Mills
RUNG (RISC OS Users, Norfolk Group)