Marcel Kilgus wrote:
Wolfgang Uhlig wrote:

...Easyptr only allows 8 character sprite names and 64x48
pixel sprites in 4 colour mode)

The last one is not correct. I can load without problems very large true colour sprites into as well the "old" Easymenu as the "new" Easymenu (by Marcel).

The limit is the size of the sprite in terms of memory (32kb max), not
in terms of the occupied area. The EasyMenu source is so difficult to
maintain that I'm not sure how easy it is to change that. I guess it's
not a nice job to do...

Also, beware if you intend portability of your sprite: some 'old' SMSQ/E versions (such as 2.9x) were limited regarding the size of the sprite when they worked on a different mode for display/sprite (such as displaying mode 4 sprite on high-colour display).

This limitation (64x48) is no more.