On Mon, 11 Jan 1999, Mate Wierdl wrote:

   >    3) After the upgrade, I remove sendmail, rpm -e sendmail, and reinstall the
   >    Qmail RPM.  I either reboot, or manually rerun the initscript to restart
   >    Qmail.
   >
   > But you have to make sure you boot into single user mode, so sendmail
   > does not startup (else it might start delivering messages to the wrong
   > place). So this method is more than 3 commands...

   Until sendmail knows how to deliver stuff out of /var/qmail/queue, that is
   not a very likely possibility.  The only thing that can possibly happen is
   something getting kicked off by cron which mails a job status, and that
   happening after you reboot, but before your remove sendmail.

   On *my* box, I know pretty much everything that gets run by cron, and
   when.  So I have things under control.

How about incoming messages??

Mate