On 11-Jan-99 20:57:36, Mate Wierdl wrote something about "upgrade to RH 5.2". I just
couldn't help replying to it, thus:
> I just want to confirm: when you upgrade to a RH 5.2 system, sendmail
> does get installed on your system, even if you have qmail rpm
> installed with saying "provides MTA, smtpdaemon" and "conflicts
> sendmail".

> This means that

> 1) your sendmail links in /usr/sbin and /usr/lib get mangled.

    Yup. This happened here last week when another admin (fully aware of this
problem) did an upgrade to RH 5.2) . I only found out about it after four
days) because I got a "You have new mail in /var/spool/mail/root" message
from the shell while doing some maintenance (by pure coincidence, / had
started filling up).

   As a sort of preventive countermeasure, /var/spool/mail is now a
zero-sized file without read/write/execute permissions for anybody.

Regards,

/ŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻTŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻ\
| Rask Ingemann Lambertsen     | [EMAIL PROTECTED] |
| Registered Phase5 developer  | WWW: http://www.gbar.dtu.dk/~c948374/   |
| A4000, 775 kkeys/s (RC5-64)  | "ThrustMe" on XPilot and EFnet IRC      |
|       LSD will make your CGA screen display 16.7 million colors        |