- Stefan Paletta <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:

| I used cygwin32, which emulates a Unix environment quite well.
| Surprisingly, the file I had to tweak most, was the Makefile (but since
| cygwin32 includes sed...). The rest compiled quite well without any
| changes to the C code, IIRC. This was all I could test.

qmail needs inode numbers to generate unique message numbers.  Does NT
have something equivalent to inode numbers?  If not, how do you
generate unique message numbers?  I am not saying it can't be done,
only that it may be nontrivial.  (Hmm, have a separate server process
hand them out on demand?)

- Harald