Scott Schwartz writes:
 > Peter van Dijk <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:
 > | You're not saying that qmail-smtpd should just read in locals and virtualdomains
 >and
 > | accept mail for all domains in there, right?
 >
 > Of course it should!  (cdb optional.)  That avoids the whole multiple
 > redundancy plus illogical defaults problem that the current scheme
 > suffers from.
 >
 > If you want an optional rcpthosts or mxhosts for special cases, then
 > fine, that's a special case, which mostly no one will ever need to know
 > about.

You still need to be able to subtract local-only domain names, and add
non-local domain names.  I would say that qmail-smtpd should access a
cdb which is constructed from locals + virtualdomains + a new file
named receivebysmtp, which has lines that start with a + if the host
should be acceptable for receipt via SMTP, and a minus if the host
should not be acceptable (which is another way of saying "was found in
locals or virtualdomains but we wish to reject").

--
-russ nelson <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>  http://crynwr.com/~nelson