On Thu, Feb 18, 1999 at 08:10:20AM -0500, [EMAIL PROTECTED]
wrote:
> On Thu, 18 Feb 1999, Peter van Dijk wrote:
>
> > On Wed, Feb 17, 1999 at 12:33:04PM -0500, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> > > On Wed, 17 Feb 1999, Chris Naden wrote:
> > >
> > >   for qmail-send: for its description of locals to explicitly say that
> > >   virtual domains should *not* be placed in locals?
> > >
> > >   for qmail-smtpd: for its description of rcpthosts to say that it
> > >   should contain all the hosts in locals and virtualdomains plus
> > >   those hosts you act as MX for.
> > >
> > > Actually, in stead of the latter suggestion, I'd prefer that there be
> > > another control file: mxhosts, and drop rcpthosts, which is just
> > > confusing everyone.  Then we have simple explanations for what goes where.
>
> > You're not saying that qmail-smtpd should just read in locals and
> > virtualdomains and accept mail for all domains in there, right?
>
> No.  I was suggesting replacing rcpthosts with mxhosts and having
> smail-smtpd read virtualdomains, locals and mxhosts.  Having looked at
> "man qmail-control" I've decided that the reason Dan did things this way
> is that qmail-smtpd only has to read/check one file (rcpthosts), rather
> than three (virtualdomains, locals and mxhosts).  It's a typical tradeoff:
> simpler program vs requiring people to read the documentation and put the
> right things in rcpthosts.

err.. aahhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!

I have local-only domains that _are_ in locals or virtualdomains, but not in
rcpthosts. And I don't want 'm to either. The suggestion Russ posted is what I'm
looking for (no rcpthosts, but smtpd accepting mail for all domains in locals,
virtualdomains and mxhosts, and a way to list domains _not_ to accept mail for, even
though they are in one of the first two files).

Greetz, Peter.
--
.| Peter van Dijk           | <mo|VERWEG> stoned worden of coden
.| [EMAIL PROTECTED]  | <mo|VERWEG> dat is de levensvraag