On Wed, 17 Feb 1999 18:09:39 -0500, Tim Pierce wrote:

>Unfortunately, there's an awful lot of unreasonable mailers in the
>world, which makes that philosophy impractical.  While I sympathize
>with the opinions offered in "Reply-to Considered Harmful," it's
>mostly ivory tower theorizing.

I use (MUA) PMMail and it works beautifly with mailinglists that set
Reply-To to their adress.

When I hit reply it tells me that From: and Reply-To: fields differ and
asks me to what e-mail adress do I want to reply (to mailing list or
to the author personal mailbox).
-> Now that's a smart MUA.

And nearly all responses to my post that I got were delivered to me
twice: Once thru mailing list and once directly. What a waste of my
time and bandwidth :(.

So please if you reply... I'm on the mailing list.. no need to send me
another copy directly.

Not to mention the need to type the mailing list name into the To:
field. Actualy... I've almost sent a few reply that I wanted to go to
the mailing list personaly to the original poster.

best regards,
Rok Papez,
Student at Faculty of Computer and Information Science,
University of Ljubljana, Slovenia.