On Feb 19 1999, Rok Papez wrote:
> The mailing list sets the Reply-To: address to the mailing list, the
> From: field is preserved. When I hit the Reply buttin in PMMail
> (MUA), he notices the difference between the "From:" and "Reply-To:"
> list, pops up a quick dialog asking me to choose to whom to reply;
> to the list (Reply-To) or to the poster (From:). Voila.. problem
> solved.

        No. IMO, it's not as easy as you want to make it, because
this is a misuse of the Reply-To field. As far as I know, messages
compliant with the RFCs can't have two Reply-To fields (which one
would the MUA choose, anyway?).

        What happens is that I have three mailing lists where the
users have requested me to set the Reply-To field pointing back to the
list. To accomplish that, I had to add Reply-To to headerremove and to
headeradd (I'm using ezmlm to manage the lists).

        This has the very inconvenient "feature" that whenever the
list gets spammed and the spammer says in the body of the message "If
you don't want to receive our messages anymore, just hit the reply
button and include 'remove' as the Subject." Then, the list just gets
a ton of those "remove" posts. :-(

        This is one of the particular cases when the poster is not on
the mailing list but has set a Reply-To field and "want" the replies
back to him (I'm assuming that the Reply-To field contains a valid
recipient address, even though we know that's not what happens in
practice).

        I wish I knew of a free less brain-dead MUA for Windows that
realized there is a Mail-Followup-To field and allowed users to reply
to sender, reply to list or both, so that I could stop setting this
damn Reply-To field myself upon request of my users. Are there any
ports of Mutt to the Windows world so that I can recommend that for my
users?

        []s, Roger...

  Rogerio Brito - [EMAIL PROTECTED] - http://www.ime.usp.br/~rbrito/
    Undergrad. Computer Science Student - "Windows? Linux and X!"
     Nectar homepage: http://www.linux.ime.usp.br/~rbrito/opeth/