On 11-Jan-99 06:26:52, Graphic Rezidew wrote something about "Qmail as a secondary
MX". I just couldn't help replying to it, thus:
> I have a domain (rezidew.net) with a dedicated 24/hr connection. I have
> a friend with a machine not on my domain (friend.someother.net). My
> question is this: Since his machine may be down for days at a time, how
> do I queue mail for him when he's offline?

> he has edited his MX record

> I have tried adding him to my /var/qmail/controls/rcpthosts
> but I keep getting an error in the maillog saying;

   Something is wrong with your friend's DNS setup. friend.someother.net
doesn't even resolve from here:

23. System3.1:> nslookup -query=mx friend.someother.net
Server:  carlsberg.kampsax.dtu.dk
Address:  192.38.212.2

*** carlsberg.kampsax.dtu.dk can't find friend.someother.net: Non-existent host/domain

Regards,

/ŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻTŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻ\
| Rask Ingemann Lambertsen     | [EMAIL PROTECTED] |
| Registered Phase5 developer  | WWW: http://www.gbar.dtu.dk/~c948374/   |
| A4000, 775 kkeys/s (RC5-64)  | "ThrustMe" on XPilot and EFnet IRC      |
|    The impossible is only something that hasn't happened to you yet.   |