- Bill Luckett <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:

| Can anybody tell me where I need to call recordio from in order to
| get details on local to remote messages? I put it in
| qmail-smtpd.init but only got incoming mail. I'm guessing now that
| it has to be called with qmail-rspawm or qmail-remote but I can't
| figure out how to do it.

Can't be done.  recordio works by getting between the network socket
and qmail-smtpd.  Since qmail-remote opens its own network connection,
there is no way to put a program in between.

If you have a problem with outgoing connections to a specific site, it
would be best if you could get the receiving end to log the
transaction.  Otherwise, you could try using tcpdump (or snoop on
solaris) to capture it.  A solution of sorts, albeit a difficult one,
would be to patch qmail-remote to spawn off a recordio process to sit
between itself and the socket after it has opened the connection.

- Harald