Tim Tsai <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes on 24 March 1999 at 03:18:37 -0600
 > On Tue, Mar 23, 1999 at 07:55:05PM -0500, xs wrote:
 > > as anyone had the pleasure of dealing with some of the (excuse the
 > > language) ass pirates that refuse to fix their MTA(s) or work to get their
 > > sites taken out of the ORBS, RBL, DSSL, or DUL databases?
 >
 >   We haven't had these types of complaints yet, as we only use RBL and
 > DUL on a site basis currently.  I do use ORBS on my personal account in
 > an advisory basis (mail goes to a separate folder not bounced) but I
 > don't think I can enable it for our site.  gte.net (which one of my
 > friends use) and a few competitor ISP's are in ORBS and I don't want to
 > lose e-mail coming from them.

It's easy to punch holes for specific sites.  I've had to do a few
myself.  I use tcpserver, so I just put this block in my cdb source
file:

    # Override ORBS/RBL for a few hosts, at least for now
    # The hockey.net domain, where TIES email comes from
    209.98.94.1-8:allow,RBLSMTPD=""
    # The University of Minnesota, poor people
    160.94.5.41:allow,RBLSMTPD=""
    128.101.131.42-43:allow,RBLSMTPD=""
    # xxxxxx xxxxxxxxx home domain; seems spotty, but my tests showed this
    167.142.225.1-6:allow,RBLSMTPD=""

By pre-setting the environment variable to a null string, I cause
rblsmtpd to not block.
--
David Dyer-Bennet                                              [EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://www.ddb.com/~ddb (photos, sf) Minicon: http://www.mnstf.org/minicon