>All I'm bitching about here people is piss poor and pathetic docs!

Right. We've heard you already. Now that we've heard you, why not quit the
bitching and do something useful?

Since no one on this list is paid to make the documentation better for you,
how do you propose that the doco improve?

If you can't think of anything, I have a suggestion.

As a token of your appreciation for all this free software you're using, why
not write some better docs when you're done learning and make then available
to the next "Scott" that comes along. That's probably a little more
productive than bitching into the wind and it's very much in the spirit of
free-to-net software, right?

And don't tell me you're not the right person. After all, you are just now
going thru precisely what every newcomer confronts. So you are in precisely
the best position to judge what needs better documentation.

It's a funny thing. I've been on this list since close to day one and 90% of
the people who bitch about something never bother to make it better and the
10% of the people who make it better, never bother to bitch. Time will tell
which group you've chosen to be in.

Regards.