On Mon, 18 Jan 1999, Len Budney wrote:

> Are you using one account as the maildrop? Is your ISP set up for
> this, or are you doing it in some clever way?
>
> Basically, if the ISP does not record the envelope sender and
> recipient(s) in the email headers, it is _fundamentally_ impossible to
> identify the recipients (if they were BCC:-d), or the sender (if a
> "From:" header does not equal the envelope sender). This is discussed
> in the fetchmail manpage under "Header vs. Envelope addresses".

not at all. I've a subdomain in hypermart (they provide them free).
Hypermart is usign Qmail. So, when a message goes to
[EMAIL PROTECTED], it gets delivered to [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Then, my computer fetches the mail from my POP3 account with fetchmail.
Fetchmail has a tiny shell script configured as MTA, that wraps the msg
and

if /^Delivered-To: alias-mydomainhypermartnet-(user)/ then USER=$1
else USER=jose (my account as default)
and qmail-inject $USER...

Of course you are limited to hosting on sites that uses qmail, but that's
more a benefit that a limitation :)

--
Saludos,
Jose Luis Painceira.