>It was quite standard at each company to send email direct through
>dialup, w/valid return address of company email, to save phone costs
>and company bandwidth.
>
>Are you suggesting there is something wrong with this?

Yes, in today's environment, you'll lose a lot of mail.  Dialup
filtering is already here.  ISPs all over the place do it.

I can think of a couple of sensible approaches for travelling users:

* Relay the mail host of the ISP you're dialed into.  That's what I do.

* Set up a tunnel back to headquarters (easy now that there's a
standard albeit not very secure tunnel package provided with Windows)
and be a host on your home network.

--
John R. Levine, IECC, POB 727, Trumansburg NY 14886 +1 607 387 6869
[EMAIL PROTECTED], Village Trustee and Sewer Commissioner, http://iecc.com/johnl,