# ># First of all, consider these:
# ># * You have to deinstall sendmail before starting to install qmail.
# >this is completely untrue, the docs tell you to KEEP SENDMAIL RUNNING while
# >you install qmail
#
# true ! thanks. I installed from an RPM - see Martin's mail.

As far as I know, installing the RPM is NOT a good way of installing Qmail
and is unspported

# ># If all of the above 2 things scare you, don't use qmail-pop3d...you need to
# ># use some
# ># other popdeamon and get it to cooporate with qmail. There's a techy bit ....
# ># And then you're not really 'running qmail', you're just using some bits of
# ># the qmail package. Things may get tricky when all the bugs arrive and you
# ># need to update.
# >
# >that is complete BS
# >
# >sendmail does NOT have a pop daemon, never has
# >POP is COMPLETELY independent of MTA
# >use your head
#
# OK..so why call it qmail-pop3d and ship it with the package ?
# It looks to me as if the Qmail gods intented me to use the tool
# to pop. Sure, use anything else .. be creative ..

why NOT?

you can still use the pop server you currently have setup

# Question is: can you sell qmail as a cool tool to a moron like
# me who just popped a RedHat CD out of a box ? Because really,
# this _is_ the way it's presented, at http://www.qmail.org
no, it isn't

you need to READ the WHOLE docs

# >you should install on a test box before you attempt the real thing!
# >that is common sense
#
# That would be a nice warning on the qmail homepage !

what? common sense???

# [snip]
# >dotforward works fine
# [snip]
# >fastforward works WONDERFULLY
#
# I'm very happy for you, but if it don't work
# here and it does work there...
# ...what's the use of barfing ?

then keep trying until it DOES work!
like EVERYONE else does

and get rid of the STUPID mac signature

it shows up as control characters
--
/- [EMAIL PROTECTED] --------------- [EMAIL PROTECTED] -\
|Justin Bell  NIC:JB3084| Time and rules are changing.         |