>>On Mon, 18 Jan 1999, Niels Jensen wrote:
>>
>> So, some of my control files are:
>>
> me:            f64.work.com
>> locals:        f64.work.com (to define local addresses)
>> defaultdomain: work.com
>> defaulthost:   sonic.net (my ISP)
>> plusdomain:    work.com
>> smtproutes:    :mail.sonic.net
>>
>> If I send mail to myself using the local-local test from TEST.deliver,
>> the mail is delivered remotely to the sonic mailserver, because sonic.net
>> is added to my username. How do I get qmail to stop doing this?
>
>That's because your defaulthost is sonic.net.  When qmail-inject sends
>an email to an address without a host, it adds the default host (see
>qmail-inject manpage).
>
>Change it to f64.work.com.

If I do this, then when I mail stuff remotely through my ISP's
mailserver, the return address for me is my work address, which I
do not want. Somehow I have to make qmail change my address to
[EMAIL PROTECTED] whenever mail is sent rmotely, and keep it to
nielsj, or [EMAIL PROTECTED] when mail is sent locally.

Thanks,

Niels Jensen