Niels Jensen writes:
    > If I do this, then when I mail stuff remotely through my ISP's
    > mailserver, the return address for me is my work address, which I
    > do not want. Somehow I have to make qmail change my address to
    > [EMAIL PROTECTED] whenever mail is sent rmotely, and keep it to
    > nielsj, or [EMAIL PROTECTED] when mail is sent locally.

   virtualdomains to the rescue!

   echo '|forward $DEFAULT' >~alias/.qmail-foobar-default
   echo '[EMAIL PROTECTED]:alias-foobar' >>/var/qmail/control/virtualdomains
   (repeat this step for any other local users.)

Does not he have to do

   echo '|forward $[EMAIL PROTECTED]' >~alias/.qmail-foobar-default

instead of the first line?  Otherwise @sonic.net (defaulthost) will be
appended?

Mate