On 18-Jan-99 15:55:12, Russell Nelson wrote something about "Re: Three solutions for
spam". I just couldn't help replying to it, thus:
> Len Budney writes:
>  > It was quite standard at each company to send email direct through
>  > dialup, w/valid return address of company email, to save phone costs
>  > and company bandwidth.
>  >
>  > Are you suggesting there is something wrong with this?

> Sure. It's a false economy.  What if the mail doesn't go through?
> What if the destination host blocks mail from dialups?

   Bah. What if your relay host drops the message for some reason? The fewer
hops a message takes, the more likely it is to make it through to the
recipient(s).

Regards,

/ŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻTŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻ\
| Rask Ingemann Lambertsen     | [EMAIL PROTECTED] |
| Registered Phase5 developer  | WWW: http://www.gbar.dtu.dk/~c948374/   |
| A4000, 775 kkeys/s (RC5-64)  | "ThrustMe" on XPilot and EFnet IRC      |
| If a train station is where a train stops, what is a workstation then? |