Well.. One other "related" thing that would need to be updated if you
want Maildir mail handling is the modification of the "skeleton"
directory/User Add/Del Scripts.

If you used qmail w/Maildir, the rpm would need to modify the User Add
scipts and skeleton Directory to set up new users properly.  It could
also be made smart enough to get rid of the /var/mail directory.

Same for User Del, it would have to know to not bother with /var/mail

Matt Soffen
Webmaster - http://www.iso-ne.com/
Boss    - "My boss says we need some eunuch programmers."
Dilbert - "I think he means UNIX and I already know UNIX."
Boss    - "Well, if the company nurse comes by, tell her I said
             never mind."
                                       - Dilbert -